Saturday, December 26, 2009

Ikea Weekend

Last Friday night we left the kids in Peoria and went up to Chicago with a couple of other couples for a relaxing triple-date at our favorite Brazilian steak house, a quiet, kidless night in Shaumburg, and then an epic shopping outing at Ikea. Andrea came prepared with a list as long as her arm to finish and furnish the girl's room and to get a new bed for a soon-to-be-booted-from-his-crib Paxton. Since Leann also had a long list and Karena has been known to make her charge card sing, we rented a small U-Haul trailer to pack all our loot back home. Here we are, piling the last of the famous Ikea flat-boxes into the trailer.

I was a bit disappointed that we weren't able to fill the trailer a little fuller-er, although after looking at the length of our receipts I think Doug was wishing that he'd bought Ikea stock.

All told, it was a fabulous weekend in the company of a fabulous bunch of characters. Now, where did I put my hex-wrench?

No comments: