Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Five Year Itch

Today we celebrated five year's worth of Disaster. I mean Anthony. Our little tornado turned five, I'm not sure how we'll survive the next fifteen.

It's not like he intentionally invites Mishap and Misfortune along for the ride, but somehow they join in anyway. Witness today's episode:

"Anthony, go down and get your shoes on while I'm in the bathroom, we need to leave for the doctor's office."

"Okay."

[silence]

"Mommy?"

"What Anthony?"

"I had an accident."

(notice, no shoes)

Oh, well. We ate the watermelon for supper and the floor will only be sticky for a few days.

Anyway, birthdays are supposed to be happy events, and supper was Anthony's choice: macaroni and cheese ("home-made" that is), corn, the aforementioned watermelon, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Perfect. And no party is complete without cake and ice cream. Mom went all out. Anthony's a happy boy.

To be fair, Andrea is making him a little more elaborate birthday dessert for this weekend. I can't tell you what it is though, that would spoil the surprise.

On the other hand, maybe we are seeing some effects of New Baby Wanting Attention 24-7, as evident by this unique and innovative method of wrapping presents:

  1. Feed Paxton.
  2. Open biggest garbage bag you can find.
  3. Stuff bag full of presents.
  4. Change Paxton's diaper.
  5. Tie the top of the bag with a ribbon.
  6. Attach card.
  7. Feed Paxton.

Anthony's a happy boy.

We'll have some pictures of the presents in a few days.

Happy birthday little buddy!

2 comments:

Lani said...

Happy 5th Birthday, Anthony!

Alison said...

These pictures are so precious-especially the first one. And I got a good laugh from reading the post. I'm sure Anthony thought his cake and gift wrap were the coolest!!! Good work Mom and Dad.